Sunday, January 3, 2010

So, I asked my son on the way home from seeing the movie Avatar if he could help me set up a blog. Just what everyone needs, right?? Something else to read. But what if James Cameron had decided there were enough movies already. I would have missed out on his visual feast. And though sci-fi is not my meal of choice, I did find parts of it delicious.

My son, fresh home from 2 years in the Peace Corps, (and having maintained a successful humorous blog during that time) wanted to know the purpose of such intended blog.

“Two things”, I answered. “To keep me stretching and growing in photography and writing and to have an outlet for them.”

“Alright,” he said, “just don’t expect any hits”.

“You mean I won’t become famous like the Julia girl???”

Oh, well. . . Onward!

The subject matter: “Slices of Life”

The goal: to record by images and words something beautiful, enlightening, and hopefully surprising from my everyday experience for each day in the year 2010.

The promise: to keep it short, to the point, and interesting for my future readers. (sorry son!)

So, if there are any of you out there…interested in what a “would be” photographer and writer sees in the course of her everyday Kansas existence…..WELCOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment