Sunday, October 31, 2010

pumpkins













six litttle pumpkins sitting in a pew
if, by magic, they could move
whatever would
they do?

play tag
roll around the block
check out the stock
market?

maybe they would do a dance
swirling and twirling
till they melted into a pool
of orange goo

if you were a pumpkin
tell me true
what would
you do?



*"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, which is what i do. And that enables you to laugh at life's realities."                 ~Theodore Geisel (Dr. Seuss)

3 comments:

  1. I would be happy forever. Because Pumpkins are my third favorite thing ever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Terry! And love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat. . .to hear from two beautiful Nobrega women on the same day! Tell me, does a "love of fantasy" run in the family?

    ReplyDelete