Wednesday, December 1, 2010

all because i looked at the schedule wrong
















yesterday
i went to the gym
to take a bender
ball
pilates class

unfortunately
it was the wrong day
and alas!
there was no class

forntunately, i had taken my son's i-pod
(with his permission)
(i don't have my own)

anyway. . . . . .

i turned on the treadmill
turned on the pod
and started walking

and it only took
one song
                to   t r a n s p o r t   me
           out of the gym

into the enchanted world
of music

i closed my eyes
for most of an hour
and walked into the
grassy rhythms
and melodies

soon i found myself
on bleeker street
and then j.t.
was telling me
to shower the people i love
with love

sometime later
i made my way through
a warsaw ghetto
led by the violin of
ishtak pearlman and
william's
shindler's list

i sautered through pastures green
as praise
raised high

and ambled through meadows of
folk song
my heart wrung
with pride for a son

who chose such music
as this

harmonies and hints of yearning
for truth
and simplicity

i usually see with my eyes
but that special day
gave way
to seeing with my ears

and with my
heart



*"There is nothing in the world so much like prayer, as music." ~William Merrill

**Thank you son, for sharing your music and your soul.

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed my music, mom, and I appreciate the thoughtful poem. :)

    ReplyDelete