Thursday, September 22, 2011

at rest on a redbud (for the love of trees series)
















While working on this “for the love of trees” series, I’ve taken note that, like with so many other things (and people) in my life, I love trees because of what they “are”…not what they “do”.  I love them for the beauty they bring to this world by their simply “being”. This image, however, reminds me that in their simply “being” they are also “doing”. In this case, the redbud tree outside my husband’s office window is offering shelter and a place to rest to one of God’s most delicate creatures. There is a lesson here I think. When we become content enough to “be” we can be a “safe place” for others. We are used most when we are “at rest” and content with our place in the scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment