Friday, September 9, 2011

trees, in depth (for the love of trees series)












While on the topic of trees and imagination….Another shot with slow shutter speed and upward movement (be it ever so slight). I love the layers in this image and the way the ghostlike trees in the background give it depth. And I love the layers in life; One thing building upon another. We start small, having no idea of the wide world awaiting us. But as we age and grow we have the opportunity to allow experience and time to give us depth, color, and fascination. I hope that as I continue to age, I accept that opportunity and rather than become smaller and smaller; become deeper and deeper. J Following are my experiments with changing the saturation of colors in this image. Do you have a favorite?















































“The groves were God's first temples.” ~William Cullen Bryant, "A Forest Hymn"

*A special thanks to my friend Carol for sharing this quote. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment