Monday, November 28, 2011

possibilities























telephone poles
dead grass and gravel
rich black earth
and paths ahead to travel



*Ah, how interesting and fun it is to choose a picture for a posting each day. I chose this one today because it depicts a common Kansas scene in November. The colors of the landscape are muted for the most part and things seem still….there is quiet in the country. But there is also “possibility”. With the tool of  panning my camera, I came up with a new take on this simple scene. One that I really like. To me it is playful, fun, and mysterious. It tempts me to take an “off the beaten track” approach to my day. I hope it inspires you in some way. If it doesn’t maybe Shel Siversteins’ words will:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

— Shel Silverstein

No comments:

Post a Comment