Wednesday, December 7, 2011

strands (Second Chances/looking closer series)
















Strung by the hands of
A Sudanese woman

A small part
Of her art

And labor in this world

*I was recently reminded (by my good friend Harold) of some photos I took of jewelry my husband brought back from his short term missions project in Sudan last year. Then, this morning I received an update on the latest happenings in Sudan. Once again, innocent families are fleeing their homes and heading across the desert for the safety of refugee camps. Many of these families have spent more than twenty years in refugee camps already. Hard to imagine, isn’t it.


As I look at these works of art, I marvel at the patience and endurance of these beautiful women and I pray this morning for their journeys and that their examples would take root in my life; that more patience and endurance might be developed in me, day by day, strand by strand.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The following photo was taken by Stan. I thought it would be nice to put a "face" to the women of Sudan.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment