Tuesday, December 13, 2011

stripes (2nd chances/taking a closer look series)















Thank you God
For the zebra’s hair
So rare in design

Thank you for his playful look
For showing me that you took
Pleasure

You even had fun
Creating the world
And all its inhabitants

You had reason to say
When all was done

“It is good.”


I have a friend named Connie who sends me a quote each day. Today she chose:
“You were born an original. Don’t die a copy.” Authenticity is one of my favorite characteristics in a person. It’s one of the things I want to proclaim from the rooftops. Creation speaks of it all day long. Why try and be like someone else? Why even compare? Like the zebra, (no two of which are alike) we are meant to be who we are. There is so much freedom in that! Have fun being YOU today.

No comments:

Post a Comment