Sunday, October 12, 2014

in memory




















you have gone home
my friend
never again
to suffer pain
or sorrow 

thank you
for helping me see 
by your life and
your death
that faith will
carry one through 
to 

a new dawn
a new day


Yesterday morning at 8:30 i was in Kansas City lifting my 2 year old grandson from his crib to greet the new day. At the same time my dear friend Linda Young was lifted by her heavenly Father from the bed she lay in at Midland Hospice House. She was taken from a world under blanket of darkness into the light and glory of an eternal new day.  I am saddened but grateful. 


"It is always good to know if only in passing, a charming human being; it refreshes our lives like flowers and woods and clear brooks. " ~George Eliot

I was blessed to know Linda more than “in passing”. Oh, how she refreshed me. I hope you have someone in your life that you can say the same of. Perhaps even today you can let them know that they are like a “clear gurgling brook” in your life. 



“….For we have been called out of darkness into His marvelous light.” 1Peter 2:9

2 comments: