Monday, November 17, 2014

cure


why alone?
they asked

and Maine in
winter?

because i can
i thought

and
because
i must

a holy longing
a  “calling”
if you will

and those weeks
away
along the bays, lakes 
and mountains

healed me



“Silence was the cure, if only temporarily, silence and geography. But of what was I being cured? I do not know, have never known. I only know the cure. Silence, and no connections except to landscape."         - Mary Cantwell

"Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10

*Note: It was a year ago that i did my solo trip to Maine so i find myself reminiscing. It was not only the rocky cliffs, shimmering lakes, and the endless ocean that met me there. It was also a community of welcoming, interesting and loving people. Thanks to any of you reading this from MDI and Southwest Harbor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment