Monday, March 16, 2015

blank spaces

























"I like the idea of blank spaces and that they get filled.  I also like blank spaces that are allowed to be.  Some kind of creative tension aries from nothingness." ~Sandra Geller

I agree, Sandra. There is a "time for everything." A time to fill blank spaces and a time to let them be. I do find that a "creative tension arises" during the "let them be" days.  Just showing up at the writing desk, the woods, or the easel, with no set agenda, and letting the open space "be" often leads to discovery. But the "showing up" is key. :)

This train of thought puts me in mind of the "first" creation......
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void..."



2 comments:

  1. Showing up is key---I need to remember that! Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christy!! :) We are having spring weather here now. Hope you are getting it too.

    ReplyDelete