Tuesday, October 1, 2019

uncommon grace












in every quiet headland
in every evening still

there

doth mercy
spill


As i reflect on this image i am struck by the vastness of our Creator's mercy.  How, i ask myself, can such a peaceful scene be found, especially when the news of the day is of hoarded baby fetuses, mass shootings, and opioid overdoses.  The beauty before me could never be possible without a God of long-suffering patience.

"You cannot conceive, nor can I, of the appalling strangeness of the mercy of God."
                                   Graham Greene, Brighton Rock

Photo taken in Door County Wisconsin.





2 comments:

  1. This is by far the best thing in my inbox today. Thanks for helping me to pause and sit in His great mercy for a moment. Your blog is a special place...grateful to be a part of your tribe...or maybe I should say herd. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) So glad!! And I'm grateful we are in the same herd too!

    ReplyDelete