Saturday, January 1, 2011

january 1st
















so soon
has the year gone by
and i find myself
not quite ready

to give up my
"post a day"

seems it's become a way
of life
for me

that little nudge
to see something
anew

to put into print
the fleeting thought
that went through my mind
so quickly

continue on
i will

thankful
for another day
another image
another word



*Happy New Years everyone!! May your year be filled with much laughter, purpose, and....hmmmmm, i was going to say love, peace, or hope (and of course i wish you those for you).....but how about "adventure". Whether you be young, old, or in-between; whether you travel often or not at all;  every morning there lies before each of us a new day, and with it the opportunity to try something different; even if it is just choosing to see something with a fresh perspective. However big or small it be; find a way to stretch yourself.  As writer Julia Cameron says: "The soul thrives on adventure.  Deprived of adventure our optimism fails us.  Adventure is a nutrient; not a frivolity.  When we ignore our need for adventure, we ignore our very nature."

**If you are following the blog, you might notice a few slight changes. The written portion will not be limited to my own poetry.  Some posts willl consist of quotes from other writers or prose excerpts from  my own journals etc. I still plan to keep the entries short and simple.

To keep myself aware of trying new things (adventure) i will be dedicating a post a week to something new i have tried. (Let's see....52 weeks in a year.......52 new things!!) I hope you will comment back with stories of your own new experiences.

***Today's image is from my new Wolf Kahn calendar. I so enjoy his work.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Aunt Terry,
    I'm so glad to see that you'll be continuing! I truly look forward to your posts.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Terry for continuing on with your blog. To tap into one's sense of adventure to explore, is truly a rich experience, whether it be an unguided exploration into one's heart or soul, or a planned adventure to another part of the world. Each one will change you in subtle ways. Each one will also give you an opportunity to bring your experience to others in very creative ways.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashely...thank you! I'm happy to be connected with you in this way!:)

    Harold, you are such a great example to me of a true "exploring adventurer." Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry,
    My mother always reassured me that I am a late bloomer. Sooner or later I usually catch on to what is right beneath my nose, or down the road:) So...one year later I too am so glad you will continue. You will be providing us all with a little adventure every day. No pressure and thank you so very much.
    Love, Marsha

    ReplyDelete