Saturday, February 19, 2011

nice ice (toast to winter series)























"i walk on ice
whenever i can"
she said
"because
ice
is
nice"

*Yesterday I took my sweet nieces Rachel (9) and Shelby (7) on a walk in the woods. Rachel loved walking on ice and Shelby loved walking on logs. And my feisty little grand-dog Koda loved getting wet. Talk about a “true adventure”. I was reminded of the following words by Henry Van Dyke:

So let the way wind up the hill or down,
O’er rough or smooth, the journey will be
Joy:
Still seeking what I sought when but a boy,
New friendship, high adventure, and a crown,
My heart will keep the courage of the quest,
And hope the road’s last turn will be the best.

~Henry Van Dyke

**Last week i forgot to mention my adventure for week # 6. It was a "home-made chocolate cream cheese facial mask". I've never done a home-made facial mask before and smearing something much like brownie mix on my face, lying down for twenty minutes and listening to Songs from the Vineyard was an experience quite unlike any other. :) Week #7 adventure: yesterday's walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment