Friday, September 2, 2011

web (an anything but ordinary morning series)
















As I continue on my walk, I glimpse from the corner of my eye this intricate web. If it weren’t for the light hitting it just so, I would have missed seeing it completely. It is quite “anything but ordinary”. I found two quotes I like that use the “web” as a metaphor:


“Fiction is like a spider's web, attached ever so lightly perhaps, but still attached to life at all four corners. Often the attachment is scarcely perceptible. ” ~Virginia Woolfe

“The means to gain happiness is to throw out from oneself like a spider in all directions an adhesive web of love, and to catch in it all that comes” ~ Leo Tolstoy

It’s interesting what such a fragile, delicate creation brings into the minds of people. What is the first thing a spider web reminds you of (symbolically speaking)? For me, it’s a toss up between strength, diligence, and faith. Today I take from this particular web the thought of “diligence”.  Weave on little spider, you are inspiring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment