Sunday, November 20, 2011

ode to a grill


















Oh rusty grill
I see you
Standing guard

Strong
Yes, vital

And attractive

Such things you must have seen

I imagine you on country roads
Ambling past sunflowers and
Horses

Then years gone by and you are
Heading down the highway
Meeting sleek silver specialty grills

Gorgeous in design

If you had a hat you
Would tip it
To them

Appreciating their style and
Beauty

But
You would not think of changing places

You have seen too much
You have too many memories
Both good and bad
that
Envy does not even seek to enter through
Your bars

Oh
How I so

Appreciate you



*Do you suppose that my entering a new decade has anything to do with my recent posts???? :):) I imagine so…..but no matter. I do  love old trucks, cars, and anything with rust. I always have. I hope you can see some beauty in them too. Thanks for checking in.



No comments:

Post a Comment