Saturday, November 9, 2013

My Maine Adventure.....(Musings of "An Outsider; Off Season)

So, what is a Kansas girl, sixty two years young, (today is my birthday!) thinking when she decides to go to Maine for a month in November and all by herself? "Your brother had a hard time wrapping his head around the idea" my 80 year old mother told me. "But, i reminded him of how you had always had this wandering streak and that it is just part of who you are. I get it." she said. Though, truth be known, it had taken her a few days to get her head around it too. But, it felt good that she understood and could  "let go" as good parents have to do no matter how old their children become.

The idea for this photography/writing/ sabbatical came to me over two years ago and didn't let go. I interpret such things as a nudge from my Maker and am always happy to take Him up on the gifts He gives. So, i'm off to Maine in just three days. Can't think of a better time to go. Can't think of any reason not to.

Several friends asked if i would keep them abreast of my explorations so I'm re-opening the blog  I let lie dormant for two years. Thanks for checking in. I hope you feel to some degree that you are along for the ride. Let's see what a harbor village is like "off season". Let's meet some lobstermen, taste their fresh catch, feel ocean spray and snowflakes at the same time. Let's live a bigger story than we would have otherwise.

For this first post i'd like to share a few images i took of the amazing color we are experiencing this fall in Kansas. I can't imagine being anywhere more beautiful right now. Ah, autumn.





5 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you, Terry! And so excited for the opportunity to be on this adventure with you! Jumping up & down in my heart for you! LOVE your fall images!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures, mother! Oh, and if I hadn't already mentioned it to you, when I get a place of my own sometime in the future, just a heads up that I'll want to decorate it with your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, so glad you've invited us along on your journey. for many reasons, we are blessed! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fence!! My fence!! Thank you Terry for preserving it so beautifully. When you come back from this amazing adventure we will make plans:) xo Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing from all of you. Glad to know you are along for the ride!!

    ReplyDelete