Thursday, November 14, 2013

An Outsider Offseaon....Arriving

“What I’m saying is , I think life is staggering and we’re just used to it.  We are all like spoiled children no longer impressed with the gifts we’re given—it’s just another sunset, just another rainstorm
moving in over the mountain, just another child being born, just another funeral……..

……..If I have a hope, it’s that God sat over the dark nothing and wrote you and me, specifically, into the story, and put us in with the sunset and the rainstorm as though to say, “Enjoy your place in my story.  The beauty of it means you matter, and you can create within it even as I have created you.”  
                                                     
~A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller

One thing i really enjoy is barren trees. Driving down to South West Harbor from Bangor i was captivated by the subtle beauty of the leafless trees. 




And then, i saw the field of lupine and blueberry. Yes, I really saw this 
with my own eyes! No photoshop enhancement here.  Let the adventure continue!



I will take a minute now to tell you of the splendid people i have met thus far. Here is
a short list.

Tom:  The 46 year old grandson of a 96 year old lifetime lobsterman. He told me his amazing memories of lobstering with his grandpa when he was a boy. I could write a whole post about that conversation. He beame my seat partner on the flight into Bar Harbor when another person had accidentally taken in my seat. I had been praying to meet a lobsterman who could tell me what it was like to go out on the boat in the dark morning hours. He did just that. 

Alan: The most helpful techie guy i've ever met who has spent housrs now with me and my computer Bless him.(Alan has a therapy cat who lets him know when his seizures are about to happen or when his depression  is getting bad. The whole town knows Alan, and now i do too! How cool is that?)

Mr. Phillips (an artist) and his wife: who invited me for cocktails this evening. Won't that be fun!

Lois Leavenworth: whom i met in the Detroit airport. She is a painter from Bar Harbor. We'll be having coffee next week.

Life is good, rich, full and just waiting to be explored. 




2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous and journey you have embarked on Terry. I look forward to following every bite… from the fresh lobsters to the clams to the folks to your images. A true treat. I'm trying to get resettled after a month in Turkey. Mucho emails, etc. and they grow every day. I'm sure you sent me one but I must not have dug the hole deep enough yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harold!!!! How great to see your smiling face. Welcome home from Turkey. I can't wait to see YOUR images from that trip. Good luck getting through all the "stuff".....one piece at a time. :)

      Delete